FreeRADIUS Client is a C framework and library for writing RADIUS Clients.
So far this is a fail. Builds OK, but I hit issues trying to get clients built with this library to talk to the FreeRADIUS Server. KIV for now.
Mac OS X Build
The steps to build and install are in
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:FreeRADIUS/freeradius-client.git cd freeradius-client autoreconf -fvi && ./configure && make && sudo make install
- installs client sample programs to
- installs client configs to
- installs the libfreeradius-client to
/usr/local/etc/radiusclient/servers to set the shared secret
- radembedded - how to embed the configuration of a radius client, using the FreeRADIUS Client Library without an external configuration file
- radexample - example skeleton client
- radstatus - get RADIUS server status
OK, first client test…
/usr/local/sbin/radstatus RADIUS: Status failure RADIUS: Status failure
Hmm, not good. Client is not picking up the shared secret and no hint on the server that it receved a request.
/* FIX ME FIX ME FIX ME * This is broken, now that send_server requires the secret to be passed * It will need to be collected as an additional argument on command line */
OK, looks like this client library needs a bit of maintenance, certainly a bit more study than I’m prepared to do right now